Prof. Gunapala Nanayakkara
Advisory Council Member
BPA(Spcl.)(Vidyo) 1970, MPA(York) 1976, Ph.D(Carleton) 1980, D.Lit (Sab.) ‘05
- Managing Director, The International Centre Postgraduate Institute of Management
- Current teaching: activity & interests, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Social
- Psychology, Psychological Testing for Employment Selection, Management Communication
- Has taught at undergraduate, graduate, executive, and doctoral programs in Sri Lanka since 1980 and experienced in professional management training activity.
- Overseas experience include teaching at the Institute of International Development and Cooperation, University of Ottawa (Sept.-Dec. 1982); the Whittemore School of Business, University of New Hampshire
- (Fulbright Senior fellowship 1988/89) and Associate Professor of HR Management, Faculty of Administration, University of New Brunswick, Canada from May 1999 to June 2001.
- Serves as Director - Peoples’ Bank
- Director - Sri Lanka Foundation Institute
- Council member of National Institute of Business Management
- Vice President of Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA)
- President, - Academy of Management Sciences.
Honors and Awards
- Received Presidential Award 2005 Sri Lanka Shikhamani for services rendered to Tertiary Education
- Received Asian Grid Leadership Award for Excellence in Management Education; and held US Fulbright Senior Fellowship 1988/89 at the Whitemore School of Business and Economics, University of New Hampshire, United States.