Marlon dale ferreira
2013 to present:
Aviation Consultant/In-Flight Duty Free Sales Instructor
King Power Traveller, a duty-free supplier based in Hong Kong.
- Conduct In-Flight Duty Free sales training for cabin crew of 17 airlines in the Asia/ Pacific regions via a UK-based certified sales program
Airlines covered since March 2015:
- Mega Maldives (Republic of Maldives), Myanmar Airways International (Myanmar), Golden Myanmar Airways (Myanmar), Biman Bangladesh Airlines (Bangladesh), Viet Jet (Vietnam), Miat Mongolian Airways (Mongolia), Druk Air (Bhutan) Tashi Air (Bhutan), Myanmar National Airlines (Myanmar).
Scheduled for 2016:
- Jetstar (Japan), The Cebu Pacific (Philippines), Air Niugini (Papua New Guinea), Solomon Airlines (Solomon Islands), Fiji Airways (Fiji Islands) and Air Vanuatu (Vanuatu)
Other Airlines Trained:
- Emirates Airline (Ab Initio & Premium Cabins – Service) Dubai, Sri Lankan Airlines – Duty Free ( Sri Lanka), Mihin Lanka – Duty Free ( Sri Lanka)
- Investigative Journalist for Colombo Telegraph, a prominent United Kingdom-based website, covering news and sports in Sri Lanka.
- Sports Journalist for Daily Mirror & Sunday Times – Sri Lanka 2014/2015
- Provide consultative support to management and staff at AnilanaBeach Resorts, two five star beach resorts on the East Coast of Sri Lanka.
- Design, develop and conduct training programs within the corporate sector in Sri Lanka.
Phoenix Duty Free Service
Director Training and Development (2012 -2013)
- Trained Cabin Crew of Sri Lankan Airlines on Duty free Product Knowledge and Selling Skills
- In-flight duty free sales promotions.
Training and Development Consultant
Corporate Trainer (Dubai) (Jan 2010 – June 2012)
- Customer Service Training Programs for the Corporate Sector in Dubai U.A.E.
- Process Re-Engineering Training Programs for the Corporate Sector in Dubai U.A.E.
Flight Purser –(Dec 2006 – Dec 2009 &Feb 1991 – June 2004)
- Manage and oversee all in-flight operations
- Conduct and appraise Cabin Crew Performance.
- Complete In Flight Audit Reports.
- Conducted Training Programs for Ab-Initio and Premium Cabins
- Designed and developed Training Programs for Cabin Crew Service Training.
- Conducted Emirates Airline Group Induction Training Program for Group Staff.
- Hosted Cabin Crew Graduation Ceremonies as Master of Ceremonies.
AIR LANKA LIMITED
Flight Steward – (Aug 1988 – Feb 1991)
- In-flight service
- Maintain Safety and Security of Passengers and Crew.
DAILY NEWS & SUNDAY OBSERVER
Sports Reporter (Jan 1998 – Aug 1988)
- Coverage of sport events.
- Completed Advance Levels Examinations - Thomas College Mount Lavinia
- Training & Development certification – City and Guilds (2001)
- Train The Trainer certification – Emirates Airlines (2001)
- Advanced Train The Trainer certification – Emirates Airlines (2004)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming for Trainers – Emirates Airlines (2004)
International Awards – Asia/Pacific HRM Congress (India) – Leadership Training Award 2014