Overview & expertise
Dynamic and entrepreneurial management strategist with over 20 years of aviation management experience in the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Australia and South Asia. Solid knowledge of the fundamentals of Commercial Airline Management, Air Cargo and Supply Chain Industry, Logistics, Aircraft Leasing, Commercial Airline Operations, Warehouse Design, Cargo Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Brokering and Negotiating.
Effective leadership in highly competitive markets with success at driving multi-million dollar sales growth, and analytical dexterity in assessing the viability of new ventures. Increase profitability through cost reduction initiatives, process re-engineering, and the utilisation of appropriate resources in complex layered environments.
- Manage Multicultural Workforce
- Team Leadership & Team Building
- Exceptional Mentoring & Coaching Skills
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Public Speaking & Presentation Talent
- Strong Relationship Building Skills
- Continuous Improvement Strategies
- Forge Global Business Partnerships
- New Business Generation & Acquisition
- Lateral & Analytical Thinking Prowess
- Project Development & Management
- High Level Negotiation & Persuasion
- Operational Business Development. Currently in the process of setting up a helicopter company in South East Asia to cater to offshore drilling companies scheduled for full operational status in 2009.
- Business Negotiations. Negotiating the set up operations of a Fixed Base Operator (FBO) in Dubai.
- Sales Generation & Conversion. Brokered a $1.5 million aircraft sale, which involved sourcing a seller a matching with an interested buyer.
- Marketing Management & Leadership. Redesigned and launched the Sri Lankan Cargo and ‘Hub in the Ocean’ brands using a worldwide media, promotions and advertising campaign.
- Revenue Generation & Optimisation. Maintained double-digit growth over a period of four years (2003 to 2007) resulting in a 150% increase in business turnover by effecting strategic sales initiatives and service delivery improvements.
- Business Systems Development. Built a world class efficient hub by implementing and re-organising processes, and by motivating and building a team to support the new product – an ERP system which handled the 2005 Tsunami Relief project
- Key Note Speaker. Delivered presentations to industry leaders, global representatives, media, and consulting companies on ‘Regional hubs in Asia introducing the flying trucks concept’, and the ‘Significance of air freight at the time of natural disaster’.
- Business Process Re-engineering. Sourced, designed, negotiated and implemented advanced cargo ERP systems to facilitate the re-engineering process of cargo handling, management planning, accounting and sales. This resulted in an increase in the efficiency and productivity of the cargo movement in the supply chain processes.
- Business Operations Management. Launched a Sri Lankan Cargo Regional Freighter network, which involved creating an approved business plan; designing a route structure which supplemented the core network; sourcing aircraft; re-engineering handling process to handle increased freight volumes; designing training programs; and negotiating advantageous ground handling agreements.
Chief Operating Officer 2010- current
MCH Holdings Australia Ltd- General Sales & Services Agency for Delta Airlines Cargo , Malaysia Kargo and Australian Air Express -Domestic
Manage and direct a team of sales and operations personnel Australia wide. Formulate Budgets, Sales & Marketing strategies.
Regional Manager Strategic Sales (Asia-Pacific) 2007 Current
Air Charter International, Sydney Australia
Provide Aviation solutions to start-up carriers (passenger and cargo), oil and gas companies, regional airlines, and logistics companies; build a regional charter and lease network for cargo and passenger charters, executive jets, helicopters and medical evacuation using web-marketing strategies.
Head of Worldwide Cargo2007
Manager Cargo Sales & Marketing 2003
SriLankan Airlines, Colombo Sri Lanka SriLankan Airlines / Emirates Airlines, Dubai UAE
Head of Worldwide Cargo: Managed business operations and cargo commercial operations; led a multicultural team of 400 professionals worldwide; directed, designed, implemented and maintained effective business processes to meet global clientele demands; and oversaw continuous process re-engineering of the Colombo Hub and the cargo product.
Cargo Sales & Marketing Management: Directed and implemented the worldwide cargo advertising and promotion campaigns; and designed products to meet customer demand, which included a freighter network; and achieved annual sales targets through worldwide sales operations.
Sales Manager (Passenger & Cargo) 1995 – 1999
Cargo Manager (Strategy) 1992 – 1994
AirLanka Limited, London UK
Sales Management: Administered inventory to optimise revenue which included seats and freighter capacity; undertook promotional and advertising programs to maintain brand awareness; and negotiated tour operator and agents’ contracts.
Sales Manager (Cargo) 1990-1992
British Airways World Cargo
Master of Business Administration (MBA)1995
University of Sri Jayawardanapura, Colombo Sri Lanka
Diploma in Air Transport 1986
Chartered Institute of Transport, London UK
Member of the Chartered Institute of Transport (MCIT) since 1986